Board Member Application
Albanian Canadian Excellence (ACE) Society is looking to recruit three (2) Albanian-Canadian professionals to serve in its Board.
If you are interested please submit your resume indicating your qualifications, motivation and interest in joining the ACE Board, through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by end of day, March 31st, 2023.
The Board will review all submissions and those selected as potential candidates will be notified for an interview.
Important: For one of these positions, we are looking for a student currently pursuing their undergraduate (2nd year and above) or graduate/post-graduate studies, with demonstrated leadership role within the Albanian-Canadian community of students in the university they study.
ACE Society is a community-based organization founded in May 2015 in Toronto by a group of Albanian Canadian professionals. Its vision is for “An Albanian professional community that is vibrant, connected, integrated and successful in Canadian society”. ACE Society is guided by values of integrity, collaboration, transparency and commitment.
ACE Society’s Board (hereafter known as “the Board”) is comprised of seven positionsincluding that of the chair and vice-chair. It is the highest level of decision-making authority of the ACE Society. It approves the mission, goals and values of the organization and is responsible for the achievement of its vision. The Board determines and approves strategies, policies, programs, priorities and operational capabilities of the organization. The Board is the legal authority for ACE Society, as such it carries legal accountability.
An individual, serving as a member of the Board, acts in a position of trust and is responsible for the effective governance and functioning of the organization.
We are looking for professionals who are:
● Enthusiastic and passionate about supporting ACE Society
● Embody ACE’s values of integrity, collaboration, transparency and commitment
● Skilled/interested in areas such as fundraising, management, policy and program development, law, accounting, marketing, technology, public relations, community building and outreach, etc.
● Develop and/or enhance leadership skills
● Learn more about community-based organizations and have a chance to make a difference
● Broaden your personal network
● Raise your profile in your organization and profession
This role requires an estimated time commitment of approximately 8-10 hours per month. The
number of hours will vary depending on the time of the year. There are typically more ACE
activities running during October to May period.