Board Member Application
Position: Albanian Canadian Excellence (ACE) Society Board Member
The ACE Society Board (hereafter known as “The Board”) is the legal authority for ACE Society. An individual, serving as a member of the Board, acts in a position of trust and is responsible for the effective governance and functioning of the organization.
● Mission-based strategic leadership and operational governance
● As a member of a very active and operational board, provide leadership and direction to ACE initiatives
● Lead and work with a group of volunteers to organize events, promote volunteer activities, encourage people to contribute to our organization/community, provide a forum for people to connect
● Assume at least one event/program leadership role
● Act as an ambassador for ACE Society
● Active support and participation in fund-raising activities
● Represent ACE Society and participate in community and professional forums and events
● Attend monthly board meetings and major events (only 2 board meetings a year can be missed)
● Must be 18 years of age and must have not declared personal bankruptcy
● Enthusiastic and passionate about supporting ACE
● Embodies ACE’s values of integrity, collaboration, transparency and commitment
● Skilled/interested in areas such as fundraising, management, policy, program development, law, accounting, marketing, technology, public relations, community building and outreach, etc.
● Committed to diversity and inclusion
● High standard of professionalism and accountability
● Develop leadership skills
● Learn more about a variety of community-based organizations and have a chance to make a difference
● Broaden personal and professional network
● Raise personal profile in own organization and profession
This role requires an estimated time commitment of approximately 8-10 hours per month. The number of hours will vary depending on the time of the year. There are typically more ACE activities during October to May period.
Members are recruited following ACE’s approved recruitment process. Members serve for a two year term renewable for an additional two years. Members may be released at the end of the elected term, by resigning, or according to ACE Society’s bylaws.
A Board Member’s performance is evaluated annually based on the performance of assigned Board requirements and duties.
This job description will be reviewed annually.