► Eligibility Criteria
General Eligibility Criteria:
- All nominees should exemplify a high level of character, integrity and personal/professional values.
- The nominee should be a member of the Albanian-Canadian Professional Community*, must be minimum 25 years old, and residing in Canada.
This criteria does not apply for the Contribution by a non-Albanian to Albanian community Achievement Award
Awards Nomination Criteria:
Each Award has a specific set of eligibility criteria which are included in the following pages for each of the categories.
► 1. Professional Achievement Award
The nominees for this award shall be given to a Professional Individual with University Degree, Masters Degree, etc., from any educational institution who satisfies the following criteria:
- Demonstrated exceptional contribution to professional achievements in their field of education and expertise for their employer.
- Evidence of the impact of that professional achievement/innovation and/or technological improvement.
- Describing a breakthrough in either products or services that has significantly enhanced the performance of an industrial, commercial or public sector.
- Demonstrated evidence of individual excellence which could include near past (up to 5 years) and/or current professional/research achievement.
- Leading a research team, project or program, creating an environment where other researchers can reach their potential and being recognised by their peers as being a leader in the field.
- The Candidate is a standing faculty member (i.e. University Professor, Clinical Professor, Professor of Practice, Research Professor, Research Associate and Lecturer).
► 2. Academic Achievement Award
ACE Award for the Academic Category shall be given to an Academic Achiever who satisfies the following criteria:
- The Candidate has obtained the Ph.D. degree from a reputable institution and demonstrated exceptional contribution to professional achievements in their field of education and expertise for their employer.
- The Candidate is currently working in Canada for a Governmental or Private Institution in the same area of his/her area of undergraduate and graduate training as a registered professional.
- The Candidate has published a minimum of two papers in his/her area of Ph.D. Research Work in a recognized and reviewed Journal or Conference in Canada/US or Europe.
► 3. Contribution to Community Achievement Award
ACE Contribution to Community Achievement Award Category shall be given to an Individual who satisfies the following criteria:
- Has founded or is an active member of a community organization (Albanian or non-Albanian).
- Consistently demonstrated qualities of compassion, and service to either one organization or a variety of volunteer activities in one year.
- Made a significant contribution to their community through their time, actions, talents and dedication.
- Provided a record of significant and sustained community service such as volunteering with charitable, non-profit organizations, University or within Albanian community.
The charitable activities / events or service listed on the application cannot be part of the nominee’s job description or duties and the individual cannot receive any monetary or personal benefits from their involvement.
► 4. Contribution by a non-Albanian to Albanian community Achievement Award
ACE Contribution by a non-Albanian to Albanian community Achievement Award shall be given to an Individual who satisfies the following criteria:
- The contribution overall needs to be significant enough in terms of the impact in the community or a target population in that community.
- The contribution should have a lasting positive outcome and effect and preferably it has been recognized (formally or informally) by the community who benefited.
- The individual consistently demonstrated compassion, dedication and a sense of service.
► 5. Successful Artist Achievement Award
ACE Successful Artist Award shall be given to an Individual who satisfies the following criteria:
- The minimum criterion for recognition of a successful artist is a:
- premiere/debut exhibition;
- design, production, original script;
- sound recording;
- publication by a commercial or scholarly press of the original version or a substantially revised subsequent version of a book chapter;
- publication of an article in a peer-reviewed journal of national;
- international standing and distribution or a premiere/debut performance that is above and beyond normal University activities and is on a regional, national, or international level.
- The nomination must be accompanied by a review printed in an appropriate publication for the field.
- The artist’s artistic activity has been presented to the public by means of exhibitions, publications, performances, readings, screenings or other means.
- The artist has received public or peer recognition and promotes or markets the artist’s artistic work.
► 6. Successful Entrepreneurship Achievement Award
ACE Entrepreneurship Award shall be given to an Individual who satisfies the following criteria:
- Demonstrates strong entrepreneurial mindset:
- Creative approaches
- Willingness to take risks
- Engages others
- Faces ambiguity with enthusiasm
- Leads others to new achievements
- Provides evidence of a successful business/entrepreneurship undertaking and clearly describing the type of business, markets, location, customer base, growth overtime and potential for future expansion.
- Demonstrates how the business benefits the local community.
See winners of the previous ACE Awards: